Thursday, December 6, 2018

Post 10: My Branding

I created branding by drawing a flat plan of my logo with annotations/intentions, deciding whether I needed any on screen text (or whether my VO was going to fill in the gaps) and whether any graphics were needed to anchor the fact that it was a food delivery advert.

I created a logo by first coming up with my slogan and what my colour palette was going to be. I then found graphics of a knife and fork on a logo generating website. I heavily edited it on Photoshop to make the knife and the fork cross together and to make it more cartoon-like. I had to consider what typeface, what font colour, and the layout of my slogan and brand name on the app template.

Flatplan for my logo
Drawing a flat plan of what my app was going to look like helped me quicken my editing process as I knew what I was aiming for.


This is the knife and fork graphic I used for my logo. Firstly, I had to remove the outline and then change the colour of them to a light pink. I then separated them to make it 2 graphics and then removed the white background. This allowed me to overlap them and cross them over. After a few more tweaks, it was finished and looked like the final logo that you see in the videos. Secondly, I had to plan my layout and decided that my brand name should be placed in bold in a more prominent colour font underneath my logo. Lastly, I placed my slogan underneath my brand name in a smaller font, but I had to consider that, because it'll be smaller, I had to use a darker red font.



Screenshot of my final logo and the app on a mobile
I had to include a logo at the end of both of my adverts in order to create synergy of my brand. My VO covered what my on screen text would've read, so it wasn't necessary to include both. This followed typical conventions of food delivery adverts, seen in all the adverts I had researched.

No comments:

Post a Comment