Thursday, December 6, 2018

Post 7: Research Into Existing TV Commercials In Other Forms (e.g. Online, Print, Billboard)

I researched this to find out how posters work in synergy with the video adverts. It would help me understand how to grab the attention of the audience. I did this by researching posters on Google images.
Research notes on other advert forms
I learnt that all types of adverts part of the same campaign must work in synergy, therefore, have the same fonts, slogan, colour palette, and anchorage of ideas. Through looking at many posters, they all are very simplistic and don't contain much information. The slogan or the image is very memorable and most of the time is humorous.



This Cadbury's advert is simplistic and only features the logo, the slogan and a  LS of the product. The colour palette is simple and bold: purple and brown, representing the trademark colour and the chocolate. The use of the detailed melted chocolate with Oreos creates a mouth-watering image and encourages people to buy it. Cadburys appeals to a wide range of the public, from young children to older adults, as the poster is minimalistic (and everyone loves chocolate of course). This advert doesn't break any of the ASA guidelines.

Coca Cola features colour red throughout their adverts. Their curly font is a trademark of the brand and is written across four silhouettes of coke bottles. The slogan suggests that drinking coke is the only way to quench your thirst and that no other drink can compare. The advert appeals to all ages and genders and is memorable due to a simple image. This advert follows the AS guidelines.


This research was beneficial to my project as I understood how important it was for different types of advertisements that are part of the same campaign, to work in synergy. The colour palettes and fonts for both Coca Cola and Cadburys were the same across all platforms and I did this in my 2 adverts through the use of the same colours on the app logo. I also learnt that big font sizes are very important to catch the eye of the audience, and that the logo and slogan should be dominant in the advert. This influenced me as I made sure the logo took up most of the screen at the end of my adverts.

No comments:

Post a Comment