Thursday, December 6, 2018

Post 4: The Target Audience (Males and Females Aged 16-25)

I researched my target audience so that I could understand their lifestyle and what their views are on food delivery services. I did this by interviewing several people aged 16-25 and asked their opinions on JustEat and UberEats, and what they specifically look for in a delivery service.


These were the people I interviewed:
  • Sylvie, aged 20 (family friend)
  • Hugo, aged 16 (class mate)
  • Christina, aged 24 (neighbour)
  • Lim, aged 17 (class mate)

Research notes on my target audience

I learnt that my target audience look for quick delivery, good food quality, and ease of order when ordering food online. They're also a demographic that doesn't have much money, especially uni students aged around 18-21/22, so having an expensive food delivery service wouldn't appeal to them. Most of my target audience is in school or uni during the day and so will order food at various times throughout the day, which is why they look for a convenient food app to use.

I asked several people from my target audience what they thought of existing food delivery services, and all of them said the most common app they order from is UberEats because they deliver anywhere. They viewed JustEat to be a bit unreliable with food quality as they had been delivering food from restaurants with a 0 hygiene level. All four of them agreed that friendly service should be a given and that they're attracted to brands that are 'funny and memorable'.

This research benefited me because I was able to incorporate what my target audience look for in a food delivery service in my adverts. I conveyed quick delivery by having the food be delivered as soon as my actors ordered the food. Ease of order was shown through the quick process of ordering it. Through the balance of interviewing both boys and girls, this influenced me to use things that appealed to both genders.


No comments:

Post a Comment