Thursday, December 6, 2018

Post 8: My Initial Proposal

I did this in order to get feedback from my peers and the media staff on my ideas. I did this by writing up the ideas in my notebook and reading them out in class. I also used my playlist of youtube videos that I made so that I could make references to my most influential adverts easily. In addition, this also helped me to make sure I included everything from the brief, for example, featuring at least two characters that represent different social groups, contain at least two settings, and have a range of camera shots.

Advert 1:
My idea was influenced by the advert JustEat Balti Rocks, where it starts with the couple sitting in the living room wanting to order food (0:00-0:05). It also shows a CU of them ordering from the app, a convention which I used in my advert.



I then thought I would like to include some humorous shots of the couple playing around with their food, showing the audience that there's no awkwardness between them anymore. The ending of Balti Rocks (0:24-0:30) has a comedic scene of the man getting down hanging from the wires. I wanted to include some humorous shots just like this and I thought the delivery man can interrupt the couple playing around with the food, and step back out awkwardly with a funny comment.


In my advert, there's a contrast between the beginning and the end of the advert; it changes from a tense to a fun atmosphere. I got this idea from the Magic is Real advert (0:00-0:03 and 0:55-0:59). In addition, I wanted to make my advert cyclical, where the shot of the couple starts and finishes the advert; this is seen in both the Balti Rocks and the Magic is Real adverts. I used the acronym C.L.A.M.P.S to think about the detail of my adverts. I thought that my actor's Costumes had to be normal, everyday clothes, and the Lighting should be bright (shot during the day). I thought about casting Actors of different ethnicities and if they were available on the days I needed to shoot; I casted two Afro-Carribean male actors and one white British female actress. The Make-up for my actors would be natural, as its more relatable to my target audience. I had to order pizza as my Props, and the Settings, were the living room and the hallway/front door entrance.

1st proposal ideas
Advert 2:
My initial idea was to include a sports team losing their match but then feeling much better once they've eaten YourFood. This was a good idea but it didn't have much comedy in it, so my peers made suggestions to have the winning team ask the losing team if they could join them for food at the end. This not only provides humour for the audience, but re-emphasises my brand message that YourFood brings everyone back together. 


The MacDonalds Doll Christmas advert influenced me because the start of the advert is very sad but by the end, has a happy atmosphere. I wanted to use emotive appeal just like this advert, to hook the audience and make them keep watching. It also makes the advert more memorable for them.

2nd proposal ideas
I used C.L.A.M.P.S to make sure I thought of all the details. This time, my actors had to wear sporty Costumes as they'd been playing a tennis match. The Lighting was again bright as most of it had been shot outside and the Actors stayed the same and one other white British female actress. There wasn't much Make-up as they'd been doing sports. I had to bring tennis rackets and tennis balls as Props to my shoot, for my tennis court scenes. My Settings were a tennis court, the kitchen and the hallway/front door entrance.

This was beneficial to me, as my peers asked me questions that provoked me to think about the details of my advert. For example they questioned whether I would have a mixed gender sports team, or boys vs girls in my second advert. I also was having trouble how to shoot that the couple in my first advert weren't awkward anymore so they suggested that I could use some shots where they're playing around with their food; this also created comedy.

Research Sources:
Playlist with chosen food delivery adverts

No comments:

Post a Comment