Thursday, December 6, 2018

Post 14: My Location Reccie, Risk Assessment, And Location Permissions

Location reccie and risk assessment
I did a location reccie to see what permissions I needed for my weekend shoot. I did this by taking pictures of all my locations and putting them into a table. In the kitchen, the dining table takes up a lot of space, so I needed to find the right angle to include the dining table and where someone could stand in order to put the food on the table. Both the living room and Enfield town park have a lot of space and nothing blocking the view of the camera, so LS's are easy to obtain. The hallway is quite tight to fit the camera and four other actors, so I made sure to tidy away the shoes on the floor and tuck the headphone cable out the way so that no one could trip over it. I needed permissions to film so that my parents knew where I was filming at all times with the kit.

 In addition, I did a risk assessment for each location so that I could be aware of any complications in advance of my shoot. A risk assessment benefited me as I thought of any  problems that might occur, for example, I needed to clear some stools in the kitchen to be able to shoot the OTS shot of the dad ordering the off in the second advert. I also had to make sure that no shoes were left lying around the floor so that I couldn't trip over anything when moving the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment